As from 25th May 2018 the EU requires – under the GDPR, General Data Protection Regulation – every company or association dealing with EU citizens to strictly regulate and protect the acquiring, registration, consulting and use of personal data. Also the GSC will comply with this regulation, hence this info.
Data Protection Officers:
Within the GSC following persons will be responsible as Data Protection Officers:
- Bruno Valkeniers: secretary GSC. Ceurvorstlaan 9, B 2610 Wilrijk.
- Frans Baud: treasurer GSC. Kennemerboulevard 664, 1976 ER IJmuiden
What and who is or might be registered?
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of your personal information:
+ GSC Members:
- member companies and by their representative selected staff and PA’s.
- associate members.
- honorary members.
- officer members.
- graduates: people who have been following the GSC’s GM and/or SM courses.
- supporters: people who have been active in a members company, but are not any longer or which are deemed interesting by the officers.
- personal contact details such as company,name, title, function, key responsibilities, address, email address,fax and telephone number.
- date of birth,gender and photograph.
- country and language ,nationality.
- name of partner.
- passport number.
- bank account and payment information.
- details of membership fees and transactions carried out with you and fulfilled by us.
- records of correspondence with you whether by telephone, email, social media or otherwise.
- social media profile information, including profile name and picture.
- details of your visits to the Websites, and information about how your device has interacted with our Websites, including search and browsing history, the pages accessed and links clicked.
- information collected automatically from your device, including IP address, device type, operating system, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information.
Why is the personal information registered and/or needed?
The situations in which we will process your personal information are listed below:
- to create and to update a members account and members representatives.
- to create and update accounts related to attending management course organised by GSC.
- to send you newsletters and information on the membership of the GSC.
- to carry out our obligations arising from your membership entered into between you and the GSC.
- to interact with you and handle and respond to communications with you.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Websites and service, when you choose to do so.
- to notify you about upcoming events.
- for facilitating and organising the members to network, benchmark and exchange info and experience amongst each other.
- for informing and inviting members to participate in the regular GM and SM Courses organised by the association.
- to send you invoices.
Where is the info stored?
All members, graduates and supporters receive a username and usercode to enter the private part of the GSC website. That is the only place where the memberships and personal data are stored in a secured way. The registered and stored info is transparent and consultable at all time by all members, graduates and supporters. A private person’s data can only be changed by himself (or a collaborator/colleague from his company) and above mentioned 2 Data Protection Officers.
How long is the registered info stored?
+ members: for as long as their (company) membership lasts or for as long as
the registered person agrees.
+ graduates: for as long as their company is a GSC member or the graduate is
active in that company. Or for as long as the registered graduate agrees.
+ supporters: for renewable periods of 5 years or for as long as the registered
How are the data registered or used?
All personal data:
- is acquired via the member(’s company) or personal knowledge of the Data Protection Officers. The registered person can at all time access to the information and check or update the accuracy and correctness of the info.
- is registered in a secure and ‘members only’ part of the GSC website.
- will only be used for the above mentioned purposes and by the following persons:
– the 2 Data Protection Officers.
– the association’s deputy-secretary, President and 2 Vice-Presidents.
– the association’s chairman of the Financial Committee.
GSC is the sole owner of the information collected on our websites and/or collected because of your membership of the General Stevedoring Council. We do not sell, share, or transfer this information. We use your information to improve our marketing, for administration and to organise events in connection with the GSC membership. We may employ the services of a third party to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting. At all times GSC/data officers will control and be responsible for the use of your information. By using our website and/or being a member of the GSC you consent to the collection and use of personal information in the manner described.
The GDPR Data Protection Officers:
Bruno Valkeniers, secretary
Frans Baud, treasurer
24th May 2018