The council is organized in three sections:
- The European Section
- The North American, Caribbean and Bermuda Section
- The Southern Hemisphere, Asia and Far East Section.
The Council is led by a rotating executive group of three representatives (one from each section) and a team of appointed officers in the Secretariat. The Presidency is rotated annually amongst the sections.
A Finance Committee ensures the correctness and the transparency of the financial aspects of the organization.
The Board elected at the 2019 Annual General Meeting in Hong Kong is:
- Eamonn O’Reilly, Dublin Port Company, Dublin, Ireland
- Since summer 2019: Bruno Valkeniers is Acting President, Antwerp, Flanders, Belgium
- Vice Presidents:
- Peter Levesque, MTL, Hong Kong
- Denis Dupuis, Quebec Stevedoring, Quebec, Canada
- Bruno Valkeniers, Antwerp, Flanders, Belgium
- Deputy Secretary:
- Thomas Simmers, New Jersey, USA
- Frans Baud, IJmuiden, Netherlands
- Johan Röstin, HH Ferries Group, Helsingborg, Sweden
- David Kong, Fat Kee Stevedores, Hong Kong
- Luis Arturo Ayala III, Luis A Ayala Colon Sucrs. Inc. Puerto Rico